Tutorials and tips about Video and Content Marketing.
Digitalization has had a huge impact on everyone’s life. In most aspects it has influenced businesses in a good way: They can now go global, discover new marketing channels and broaden their customer base.
But there’s one negative to being online as well: Fragile reputation.
In the world when anyone can complain about any business failure in a public manner, any business is vulnerable. A reputation crisis is always around the corner.
And it is even more challenging in a B2B industry where buying journeys are longer and past failures are harder to erase. B2B customers are good at researching their options, comparing businesses and making informed decisions. Any past reputation crisis may be standing in your way to success for years to come.
Were you looking for ways to solidify your B2B business online reputation? The solution may be in adjusting your sales demonstrations.
Why Are Sales Demos So Important for Online Reputation?
Let’s face it: When it comes to B2B, sales demos are often the only way to close a sale. It is the only way to demonstrate how your product is solving your prospects’ pain points and prove that your platform is worth investing.
Product demos are central to any software sales process.
But what does it have to do with reputation?
- Product demos can turn a prospect into a customer, a customer into a believer and brand advocate, and who can better protect your reputation than your brand advocate?
- Professional product demos can rank for your brand name and set the positive expectation about your brand. Using your product demo on your landing pages makes you look like a serious and reputable company.
- Making your demo easy to access (without the need to register an account, schedule a call, etc.) will shorten your customers’ buying journeys which means fewer people will compare you to competitors and research your reputation.
- Public demos will add some positive context around your brand and help you control its online sentiment. If done correctly, your sales demo lets you highlight your software’s most important features showing it in a most favorable way. The more demos you market, the more of the context contributes to the whole picture.
So How to Use Demos to Strengthen Your OnlineReputation?
Publish Your Product Demos
This is easy: You may have a ton of recorded demos by now. It will likely be easy for you to find some you can publicize for others to see.
If you use Walnut, this process will even be easier.
The tool allows you to use their code-free platform to create various demos, instantly targeting different personas and use cases. This is a great way to create a ton of original content to make public and use on top of your sales funnel.
You can even embed your demos on various landing pages allowing your site visitors and prospects to use interactive features to try some features and get to know your product better.
Demonstrating your product demo on your website/landing pages makes you look like a serious and reputable company. This is especially helpful to smaller businesses, as you enable product-lead-groth (PLG) with your prospects which in turn, makes you appear to be a bigger brand.
You can then use Walnut’s built-in analytics to understand which parts of your demo seemed to appeal better to your prospects. This gives you lots of insights to create better demos in the future.
Treat Your Demos as Content Assets
Using your demos for reputation management means turning them into the top-of-the-funnel content assets. So instead of treating your demos as private assets, start looking at them as your branded digital media.
In other words, you want your demos to rank in Google and get shared around by your prospective customers.
- Research your (or your competitors’) branded keywords
- Break them into groups by search intent, personas, and decision makers that may be using each keyword (CEO, marketing manager, IT manager, etc.)
- Create landing pages targeting those keyword groups and add your custom demos on each one. The idea is that anyone researching your brand and your products should be able to find answers on your site by watching your demo instead of having to go elsewhere
Obviously, it is a good idea to get your sales team involved in the process as they will likely offer a great deal of insight into your probable decision makers and buyer personas behind each search query. Collaboration is key for success here.
Note: There’s a cool quiz by Nextiva allowing you to determine whether your company is prepared for collaborations and unified communication. Take it!
Monitor Each of Your Sales Funnels
Obviously, each of those landing pages will become your strong sales funnels, so you want to keep a close eye on those. Again, Walnut will give you lots of insights into how your site visitors are engaging with your demos.
Additionally, you may also keep an eye on traffic channels and buying journeys that started on those landing pages. Finteza will help you build, monitor and compare those individual conversion channels:
Obviously, Google Analytics can be used for that as well (especially in combination with Search Console that provides keyword data), but it will be somewhat harder to set up and figure out.
Innovating your sales demos comes with lots of benefits including a happier sales team and more sales. It may come as a surprise but sales demos can also boost your brand and solidify your reputation as a reliable niche solution. Good luck!
The above post “How to Use Sales Demos to Strengthen Your Online Reputation” was published here.
I hope you found the above of help and of interest. Similar content can be found on our main site: superspunarticle.com/blog
Let me have your feedback below in the comments section.
Let us know which subjects we should write about for you in future.